Give your worries to the LORD,
and he will care for you.
He will never let those who are good be defeated.
— Psalm 55:22 ERV
We are always looking for release from the trials, troubles, and tribulations of life. We are always looking for the trouble-free and perfect place of peace. David expressed the desire in this way: “Oh, I wish I had wings like a dove. I would fly away and find a place to rest. I would go far into the desert and stay there” (Psalm 55:6). Instead of properly confronting the troubles of life, our desire is to flee from them. Instead of properly dealing with our worries, our desire is to have no worries at all.
Trouble, however, is not so easily avoided. We don’t have wings like a dove and we can’t just fly away into the desert and stay there. Besides, this side of the next life there is no desert to fly to; there is no trouble-free and perfect place of peace. Instead of flying away, then, we must somehow face the troubles of life and we must somehow deal with the worries life engenders.
Our verse for today tells us that the proper way to deal with our worries is to give them to the Lord, rather than hold on to them. Instead of trying to figure out our problems, we must let the Lord figure them out. The life we live is not a life lived on its own. We are not self-contained, individual units of existence that are responsible for our own well-being. We are creatures dependent upon our God. The sooner we realize this, the sooner we will find the peace that we desire.
Further, the Lord does not resent having to take our worries from us. He is a God who cares for us. He wants to help us. Isaiah quotes the Lord as saying, “I am the LORD your God, who holds your right hand. And I tell you, ‘Don’t be afraid! I will help you'” (Isaiah 41:13). Our Lord is the Father in heaven who leads us by the hand through the troubles of life.
Further yet, the Lord will not just lead us through the troubles of life, He will see to it that we overcome them. He will never let us be defeated. Indeed, in all our troubles “we have complete victory through God, who has shown his love for us” (Romans 8:37).
The Lord cares for you. He is waiting for you to give Him your worries.
© 2016 by Bible League International
- The Fear of the LordThe Fear of the Lord
- Sword of the Spirit☆☆☆ Sword of the Spirit ☆☆☆•When Jesus was tempted by Satan, He used the Word of God to defeat him (Matt. 4:1-11). Paul pleaded wth the believers in the book of Ephesians to take “the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God” (Eph. 6:17) in their battle against Satan and his demonicContinue reading “Sword of the Spirit”
- True Liberty…☆☆☆ TRUE LIBERTY ☆☆☆•Stand fast therefore in the LIBERTY wherewith Christ hath made us FREE, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage. •For we through the SPIRIT wait for the hope of righteousness by FAITH. •For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision [Jew] availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision [Gentile]; but FAITH which WORKETHContinue reading “True Liberty…”
- Walk Worthy of Your Calling…☆☆☆ Walk Worthy of Your Calling ☆☆☆•“Come, ye children, hearken unto me: I will teach you the fear of the LORD.”-Psalm 34:11 KJV•“…That ye would WALK WORTHY of God, who hath CALLED you unto HIS KINGDOM and GLORY.”-1 Thessalonians 2:12 KJV•Just as a father wants to be proud of his children, so the Lord wantsContinue reading “Walk Worthy of Your Calling…”
- ☆ Satan Always Comes With Strings Attached ☆Powerful Message from Pastor Charles Lawson! And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: FOR THAT IS DELIVERED UNTO ME; andContinue reading “☆ Satan Always Comes With Strings Attached ☆”